This course focuses on improving English language abilities of teachers and administrators and on teaching English as a modern foreign language. This course is especially designed for teachers and administrative staff whose confidence in English language is not great and who have not had much training in English. You will develop your productive and receptive skills in English, boost your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary.
Application form relevant topics
International cooperation, international relations, development cooperation, Teaching and learning of foreign languages, Intercultural/intergenerational education and (lifelong)learning
The course consists of different thematic modules, which will integrate several different styles of instructions and incorporate all four language skills. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach and active participation within a group where ability to use English as a tool for communication is stressed.
- Module 01 – Present Simple and Continuous
- Module 02 – Comparative and Superlative
- Module 03 – Past Simple and Continuous
- Module 04 – Present Perfect
- Module 05 – Going to and Will for predictions and future events and spontaneous decisions
- Module 06 – Adverbs of frequency and manner
- Module 07 – Modal verbs (have to/ need to for obligation, be able to, must for deduction)
- Module 08 – Present simple passive
- Module 09 – When/While/As soon as/1st conditional
- Module 10 – Used to + Verb
Guided City Tour
- Improve English language skills at A2 level of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, widen professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
- Revise and strengthen professional profile and competences, build confidence in teaching subjects in English across the school curriculum.
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous and mixed ability classrooms, deal with increased language and cultural diversity of learners, with regards to inclusive approach.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to support school or organisational development in the field of innovative and active pedagogies.
- Improve teachers’ mobility, re-ignite lifelong learning strategies, raise the attractiveness and prestige of the educational sector.
- Foster transparency, selection and induction of the best and most suitable candidates for the teaching profession.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.
08. 07. - 12. 07. 2019
06. 07. - 10. 07. 2020
05. 07. - 09. 07. 2021
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS