Extracurricular Activities (ECA) are usually voluntary activities which are outside of traditional school curriculum. In this course you will get acquainted with diverse examples of activities which develop learner’s passion and interests, decrease anti-social behaviours and foster key skills necessary for lifelong learning.
Our course is designed as a series of collaborative workshops that are composed of discussions, hands-on activities and practical tips how to reach key benefits of ECA. Thematic course modules cover different examples of ECA and will be introduced by several tutors within an international group setting.
- Module 01 – Organising ECA – Examples of Good Practice
- Module 02 – Literacy Clubs for 21st Century
- Module 03 – Activities for Critical Thinkers and Public Speakers
- Module 04 – Groups for Connections and Reconnections in Culturally Diverse World
- Module 05 – Community Programmers and Clubs for Young Activists
- Module 06 – Music Activities for Inner Peace and Collaboration
- Module 07 – Everyday Culture and Media Literacy Club
- Module 08 – Self-expression in Fine Arts Groups
- Module 09 – Getting on Stage with Performance Art Clubs
- Module 10 – New Technologies and Online Communities
- Module 11 – Photography and Graphic Design Groups for School Magazines
- Module 12 – Individual Workshop and Presentations
Guided City Tour
- Be aware of benefits of Extracurricular Activities on both learners and community development.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and practical ideas how to implement and evaluate diverse ECA within the organisation according to community needs.
- Provide variety of opportunities and ECA for learners, support peer collaboration and active participation within education and society.
- Develop learner’s individual interests and key competencies such as self-determination, time management, critical thinking, creativity, cross-cultural awareness or digital literacy.
- Strengthen professional profile, gain motivation and confidence in promoting ECA in order to prevent school dropouts and anti-social behaviour.
- Gain understanding of ECA practices and approaches in different countries, re-ignite lifelong learning strategies.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities, exchange ideas, embed common educational and training values, build network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice.
11. 03. - 15. 03. 2019
14. 10. - 18. 10. 2019
09. 03. - 13. 03. 2020
12. 10. - 16. 10. 2020
08. 03. - 12. 03. 2021
11. 10. - 15. 10. 2021
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS