In this course, teachers will learn different strategies on how to encourage the personal development of students in the areas of social and emotional intelligence. In addition to improving theoretical knowledge and expertise in the area, teachers will also receive practical tips and methods that will help create a supportive environment in which social and emotional skills can be practiced by students. In this course, we will focus on different areas that are important for social and emotional development, including focus on individuals and groups both. Last but not least, teachers will have the opportunity to develop their own social and emotional awareness and other skills during this course.
The course content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules that focus on different elements of social and emotional intelligence. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach, interactive experiential exercises, and active participation within a group consisting of international participants with similar interests and needs.
- Module 01 – Introduction to Social and Emotional Learning
- Module 02 – Teaching Social and Emotional Learning in Schools
- Module 03 – Recognizing emotions and self-awareness
- Module 04 – Empathy and social awareness
- Module 05 – Identity and Strength Management
- Module 06 – Self-regulation and stress management
- Module 07 – Developing motivation and engagement
- Module 08 – Relationship skills and communication
- Module 09 – Responsible decision-making
- Module 10 – Values and Ethics in the Classroom
- Module 11 – Strategy for SEL in your schools
Guided City Tour
- Recognize and consciously use social and emotional awareness to identify and assess the situation.
- Understand and be ready to apply social and emotional learning strategies that contribute to the creation of a positive learning environment.
- Understand how to manage and adapt emotional behaviors and promote these approaches among students of different levels and abilities.
- Increase awareness of the techniques that support good relationships and proper communication.
- Understand the importance of values in our daily lives and in responsible decision making.
- Promote understanding of one's strengths and weaknesses, the ability of self-reflection and evaluation, and planning of future development of competencies.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to improve educational practices in daily school practice, considering promotion of social and emotional learning.
- Increase a greater understanding of strategies and systems for coping with stress in different school systems, in different countries, considering the variability of factors that play a role.
- Support continual professional development, increase awareness of the topic of daily stress in a school system in a holistic way, and encourage self-development.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, participate in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas, and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enhance communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary, and promote the broad linguistic diversity of the EU, embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You will be required to fill out a questionnaire.
You will receive the 'ITC Guide Document' where you will find all the necessary information
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronic form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS