Our course focused on STEM aims to help you to get new innovative ideas for hands-on activities because there is no more practical field. We should rather say fields because STEM is the interdisciplinarity itself.
The course is interesting not only for educators who teach STEM but also for non-STEM teachers that want to get into its mysteries and implement some STEM curricula in their schools.
Application form relevant topics
Natural sciences, Key Competences (incl. mathematics and literacy) - basic skills, ICT - new technologies - digital competences
The content of the course is divided in 11 separated and yet linked modules. We will show you different approaches and give you new ideas how to get new innovative ideas for hands-on activities in class because they are crucial for all the STEM fields. You will pick the ones that suit you best for your respective subject.
Following blended learning methods, you will see that STEM can be applied to everyday life.
- Module 01 – STEM methods for 21st century
- Module 02 – Play and Learn with Ozobots
- Module 03 – Play and Learn with Ozobots (Legorobots)
- Module 04 – Chemistry Show
- Module 05 – Nanotechnology and Nanoscopy
- Module 06 – Elementary experiments with Electrostatics and Optics
- Module 07 – Planetum – film
- Module 08 – Workshop – planets
- Module 09 – How to make a comet
- Module 10 – Virtual and Augmented Reality
Guided City Tour
- Enhance skills to use various innovative blended learning methods and techniques that are hands-on-centred, encourage solving of meaningful real-world tasks and develop transversal competencies.
- Apply Problem and Inquiry based learning as a student-centred teaching method, encourage learning in the context of real-world problems that are likely to be encountered by students.
- Develop students learning autonomy by self-directed hands-on learning approach, elaborate on student’s prior knowledge, trigger an effective use of arguments and evidence, use questioning as a tool of learning
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the organisational development and quality improvement in the STEM field skills, support cooperation between institutions and employers.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills such as decision making, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and other key competences through STEM teaching methods, enhance the good quality of mainstream education.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in a cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain a broader understanding of practices, policies, and systems of education in different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronic form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.
19. 09. - 23. 09.
24. 10. - 28. 10.
01. 05. - 05. 05.
23. 10. - 27. 10
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS