Today’ classroom is a crossroad, where learners from various cultures and different abilities meet. This course enables you to deal with 21st century classroom challenges and provides practical guide to teachers of all subjects and levels. Meet colleagues from different countries and be encouraged to create an inclusive, active and open educational environment with low stress level which is responsive to individual and community needs.
Application form relevant topics
Integration of refugees, Migrants' issues, Overcoming skills mismatches (basic/transversal)
The course is based on “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities. The content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules within a group instructional setting. You will meet several tutors and gradually generate classroom-based strategies suitable for work in multicultural and mixed ability classes.
- Module 1 – Facing challenges of culturally diverse and mixed ability classes
- Module 2 – Streaming and tracking across the EU
- Module 3 – Overcoming stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
- Module 4 – Approaching multicultural classes
- Module 5 – Individual leaning styles, Gardner’s multiple intelligences
- Module 6 – Differentiated instructions for Mixed ability and Special needs students
- Module 7 – Developing reading and writing skills in culturally diverse and mixed ability classes
- Module 8 – Developing effective communication skills
- Module 9 – Raising cultural awareness through games
- Module 10 – Adapting teaching materials, designing multicultural projects
- Module 11 – Assessment of student’s skills
- Module 12 – Use of ICT for raising cultural awareness
- Module 13 – Individual projects and presentation
Guided City Tour
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous and mixed ability classrooms, deal with increased diversity of learners, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education.
- Understand advantages and disadvantages of approaches such as inclusion, mainstreaming, streaming and tracking in order to enhance good quality of education and training for all learners.
- Identify risk factors and different types of barriers, cultural biases, stereotypes and prejudice, increase synergies between education, research and apply innovative interventional activities.
- Foster students’ learning autonomy according to individual learning styles, differentiate instructions and classroom tasks, develop learner’s transversal skills and other key competences (creativity, critical thinking).
- Promote universal access to education with regards to non-discriminatory, democratic values, support open learning environment and develop digital literacy by using ICT effectively.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and examples of good practice to support school or organisational development towards cross-cultural awareness through collaborative and active pedagogies.
- Gain broader understanding of strategies and systems dealing with multicultural issues and differently abled learners in different countries, cultivate mutual respect, embed common educational and training values.
- Support continual professional development, revise and develop key competences, build confidence in promoting innovative pedagogies that are responsive to social-economic and cultural diversity needs.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice.
19. 04. - 23. 04. 2021
09. 08. - 13. 08. 2021
06. 12. - 10. 12. 2021
24. 05. - 28. 05. 2021
01. 11. - 05. 11. 2021
18. 04. - 22. 04.
08. 08. - 12. 08.
05. 12. - 09. 12.
23. 05. - 27. 05.
31. 10. - 04. 11.
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS