Within the technological boom we experience nowadays, the demand after engineering specialists is rapidly increasing. This course is designed for teachers of all subjects, who desire to learn and then to teach efficiently about fast developing disciplines such as Computer science and Robotics, which are considered to be an inseparable part of human future life.
This course seeks to provide teachers with knowledge regarding Programming, Coding, Robotics, 3D printing, but also with teaching methods developing rational thinking, decision making, cooperation and communication in a cross – cultural environment. The goal is to promote practical, interactive and playful teaching strategies in order to enhance student’s motivation, to improve self – learning process but especially to raise the quality of education.
- Module 01 – Presentation of the Czech education system, Introduction to Coding and Robotics
- Module 02 – Robotics for Programming for Beginners (using blocks): Hour of Code, BBC Microbit
- Module 03 – Programming - Computational thinking, individual tasks with BBC Microbit
- Module 04 – Advanced Programming - CyberPi (a single-board computer)
- Module 05 – Assembling mBot, Using CyberPi to control mBot2 chasis, performing individual tasks with mBots
- Module 06 – Creating Applications for Android; VR Classroom and Student Project preparation
- Module 07 – 3D modelling and 3D printing (Autodesk Tinkerpad)
Guided City Tour
- Enhance skills to use various innovative learning methods and techniques that are hands-on-centred, encourage solving of meaningful real-world tasks and develop transversal competencies.
- Developing curricula on coding and robotics in an effective and innovative way in the scope of blended learning
- Promoting interdisciplinary through Robotics
- Know how to use robotics and programming in the classroom;
- Be aware of the diversity of robots and programmable devices available;
- Evolve with different programmable devices using visual programming languages;
- Create attractive learning activities through tangible devices;
- Motivate students for self-learning.
- Increased awareness among students about the use of sensing and control in society.
- Knowledge, technical skills and competences concerning the use of technical tools, that today are important in several jobs and different sectors.
- Promotion of existing robotics in schools methodologies at National and European level.
- Promotion of the debate about technology and robotics in schools.
- Apply Problem and Inquiry based learning as a student-centred teaching method, encourage learning in the context of real-world problems that are likely to be encountered by students.
- Develop students learning autonomy by self-directed hands-on learning approach, elaborate on student’s prior knowledge, trigger an effective use of arguments and evidence, use questioning as a tool of learning
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the organisational development and quality improvement in the STEM field skills, support cooperation between institutions and employers.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills such as decision making, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and other key competences through STEM teaching methods, enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronic form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.
09. 10. - 13. 10.
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS