This course is especially designed for teachers and administrative staff whose confidence in English language is low and who have had no or very little training in English (Level A1). This course not only gives you the basics of English but also introduces new teaching methodologies which you can apply to any subject of a school curriculum.
Application form relevant topics
International cooperation, international relations, development cooperation, Teaching and learning of foreign languages, Intercultural/intergenerational education and (lifelong)learning
The course consists of different thematic modules, which will integrate several different styles of instructions and incorporate all four language skills. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach and active participation within a group where ability to use English as a tool for communication is stressed.
- Module 01 – Basic phrases for everyday communication
- Module 02 – Spelling
- Module 03 – Numbers, dates, telling the time
- Module 04 – Present simple, daily routines in different countries
- Module 05 – Present continuous, describing pictures
- Module 06 – In a shop, shopping, prices, goods
- Module 07 – Can I have …? and I can … teaching grammar
- Module 08 – Sports and games
- Module 09 – Teaching pronunciation, articulation and intonation
- Module 10 – Houses, furniture, households
- Module 11 – Hobbies, free time activities
- Module 12 – Festivals, holidays, traditions and their celebrations
- Module 13 – Hotels, restaurants
- Module 14 – Means of transport
- Module 15 – The school, classroom
- Module 16 – Past simple, irregular verbs, questions, negative
- Module 17 – Individual projects and their presentation
Guided City Tour
- Improve English language skills at A1 level of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, widen professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
- Revise and strengthen professional profile and competences, build confidence in teaching subjects in English across the school curriculum.
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous and mixed ability classrooms, deal with increased language and cultural diversity of learners, with regards to inclusive approach.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to support school or organisational development in the field of innovative and active pedagogies.
- Improve teachers’ mobility, re-ignite lifelong learning strategies, raise the attractiveness and prestige of the educational sector.
- Foster transparency, selection and induction of the best and most suitable candidates for the teaching profession.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.