The course Innovative Approaches to Teaching is a practical guide which helps to improve quality and effectivity of educational process in any classroom. Encouraging creativity, organising projects, integrating minority pupils or using ICT as a tool for developing critical thinking are examples of the course modules that will broaden your teaching potential and motivate your students.
Application form relevant topics
New innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses, Key Competences (incl. mathematics and literacy) - basic skills, ICT - new technologies - digital competences
Thematic and interdisciplinary content will be introduced in nine modules by several tutors. You will work within a group instructional setting; guidance will be given on current theoretical knowledge without being lecture orientated. From practical examples to designing your own tasks and lesson plans, you will exchange ideas and gain new skills in a positive, “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities.
- Module 01 – Theoretical module – 21st Century Skills
- Module 02 – Critical and creative thinking, how can it be developed?
- Module 03 – Inquiry Based Learning, Task Based Learning
- Module 04 – Gamifying the classroom
- Module 05 – Using online applications it the classroom
- Module 06 – Blended Learning - Flipped Classroom
- Module 07 – Adapting teaching materials to suit the needs of differentiated classes
- Module 08 – Metacognition - teaching students to learn
- Module 09 – ICT as a tool for development of creativity and critical thinking – Digital Storytelling
- Module 10 – Modern trends in Formative assessment
- Module 11 – Peer Education
Guided City Tour
- Enhance skills to use various innovative teaching methods and techniques that are learner-centred, encourage solving of meaningful real-world tasks and develop transversal competencies.
- Boost skills in using open and digital resources, support development of digital skills and media literacy, increase capacity to trigger changes in terms of modernization using ICT.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support school or organisational development in the field of innovative education with regards to interdisciplinary and holistic approach.
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous classrooms, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education based on democratic values, promote active participation in society.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills such as creativity, critical thinking, metacognition and other key competences through innovative teaching methods, enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Learn to motivate, guide and effectively assess to reduce low achievement in basic competences, promote peer exchange and active participation within the education.
- Revise and develop personal and professional competences, build confidence in promoting innovative and active pedagogies that are responsive to social and cultural diversity.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.
16. 01. - 20. 01. - Confirmed
13. 03. - 17. 03. - Confirmed
10. 04. - 14. 04. - Confirmed
15. 05. - 19. 05. - Confirmed
22. 05. - 26. 05. - Confirmed
03. 07. - 04. 07. - Confirmed
17. 07. - 21. 07. - Confirmed
14. 08. - 18. 08. - Confirmed
11. 09. - 15. 09. - Confirmed
23. 10. - 27. 10. - Confirmed
20. 11. - 24. 11. - Confirmed
15. 01. - 19. 01. - Confirmed
25. 03. - 29. 03. - Confirmed
13. 05. - 17. 05. - Confirmed
10. 06. - 14. 06. - Confirmed
09. 09. - 13. 09. - Planned
21. 10. - 25. 10. - Planned
18. 11. - 22. 11. - Planned
22. 04. - 26. 04. - Confirmed
06. 05. - 10. 05. - Confirmed
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS